Explosive regulation at the state and local level, combined with increased employment class-action litigation, is creating extraordinary risk for employers.
In addition to the proliferation of local minimum wage, sick leave and background check rules, there are new regulatory frameworks for hiring authorized workers, pay equity, drug testing and paid leave.
These regulations create significant administrative challenges and new risks. The patchwork of legislation may be inconsistent or contradictory, and multiple policies for a single employer may be required. Learn more about these upcoming trends to avoid costly compliance fines by downloading our eBook today.
Learn about these compliance trends:
- The “Ban the Box” movement
- Fair and flexible scheduling
- Paid sick leave
- Medical and recreational marijuana
- Protection for gig workers (AB5)
- Pay equality
- Workplace harassment
- New overtime rules
- Hiring authorized workers and E-Verify/I9
- Accommodations for pregnant and nursing workers