1. Information we collect
Information You Affirmatively Provide. When you register for Staff Management’s services, or apply for employment through the Staff Management website online, by email, by text message, by phone, or in person, you may be required to provide information including, but not limited to, your full name, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, and password (collectively, along with other information that directly identifies you, “personal information”). In addition, we may ask you to provide your job-related preferences, skills, hours of availability, certifications, transportation mode and interests and other information to set up your profile from which you can be identified. The information described above is information that you specifically provide. Other information that you specifically provide includes, but is not limited to, the content of emails, text messages, letters, phone calls, and comments you send, place, or post to Staff Management or our employees, agents, affiliates, or representatives. At no time are you under any obligation to provide personal information to Staff Management. Personal information is required however, in the event you would like to benefit from the services offered by Staff Management. We expect you to provide accurate information to the best of your ability. However, we do not seek to collect through our website any sensitive personal information such as information revealing racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership or that concerns a person’s health. Please do not submit any such information.
Information Supplied By Others. We may get personal information and User Data about you from third parties. For example, other users of the App may provide us with personal information and User Data about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records. In addition, we may use this information and User Data to determine which employment opportunities may be a good match for you based on your skills, experience, or feedback from our customers or other third parties. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Automatically Collected Information. In addition to your personal information described above, we may collect information automatically regarding your use of our website. This information includes but is not limited to, your IP address, browser, operating system, internet service provider, location, the type of cellular phone you use, unique device identifiers, and cellular service provider (collectively, “analytics information”). We may also collect and use information and statistics that describe the demographics, usage and/or characteristics of our users as part of the analytics information. In general, we do not use this analytics information to directly identify users of our Services.
2. How we use the information we collect
You understand, acknowledge, and agree that for various purposes we may use and share your personal information, without further notice or consent. In general, Staff Management uses information it collects to pursue our mission and operations, including the management of our website and related activities. You should assume that Staff Management will use any information you provide for all lawful purposes.
We reserve the right to use, disclose, process, transmit, retain, license, share, sell and otherwise deal with (collectively, “Disclose”) all personal information and analytics information for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others. For example, and without limitation, in our discretion we may Disclose personal information and analytics information:
- to service providers and other third parties for any lawful purpose, including without limitation, to manage requests and questions from you, personalize or enhance transactions, verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions, or assist or respond to our consultants including, but not limited to, auditors and lenders;
- as authorized by you or consented to by your legal representative;
- to government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft, including voluntary disclosures;
- to law enforcement of any illegal activity or material we suspect or discover on, through, or otherwise relating to our services and provide law enforcement officials with all requested information about the user account from which the alleged or actual illegal activity or material originated;
- to companies that you work for, or that you are considered to work for;
- to provide you with the Services and to respond to your requests;
- in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring, assignment, sale of assets, or bankruptcy or insolvency;
- to exercise our rights or to assist third parties in defending their rights under applicable laws, including, without limitation, to assert, defend, and enforce our property rights and to respond to legal process;
- to communicate or market to you about the Services or to other products or services Staff Management or its affiliates or subsidiaries offer or believe that you might be interested in;
- to third parties for Staff Management or third party advertising purposes or
- for other reasons that are not prohibited by law.
This Policy is intended to help you understand our general practices. This Policy is not a promise that personal information or analytics information will never be disclosed except as described above. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access information transmitted to or contained in the Services. In addition, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information, despite a lack of permission. Staff Management makes no guarantee that your information or communications will always be private or protected.
3. Third parties and service providers
While all of the Third Party Services Staff Management uses are not described in this Policy, examples of Third Party Services it uses or may use include:
Google, for the Google Analytics service, including to help Staff Management to collect and use analytics information in connection with the Services. To learn more about the Google Analytics privacy practices, visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Facebook, including to help authenticate you, log you into your account, or to share personal or profile information with the Services. To learn more about Facebook privacy practices, visit https://www.facebook.com/policy.php and https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy.
4. Location-based information services
You may opt-in to Services that gather location-based information (“LBI”). If you opt-in to Services with LBI sharing, we may obtain your personally identifiable LBI (which shall constitute personal information under this policy) from your mobile device to provide the Services to you, for the purposes allowed for personal information in this Policy, and for other purposes, including, without limitation, determining: your proximity to a previously scheduled job site; or your proximity to a future potential job site.
We may aggregate and use your LBI for any legal purpose, which may include, without limitation, reporting usage, adoption of LBI, and improvement of the Services. LBI services are available on many major wireless carriers in the United States but may not be available on all carriers. The LBI services will not be available if your device or its location services are turned off.
5. Applying online
When you apply for employment through our Services, we may ask you to create a user profile. Your user profile will be used by Staff Management to consider your qualifications for employment with Staff Management or its customers. In addition, we will use your email address for the primary purpose of sending a confirmation that you have successfully completed your registration and to communicate with you about the employment application process. You may also consent to receive an email notification of future opportunities with Staff Management by checking a preference box that appears when you create your user profile. If you change your mind and would like to stop receiving the emails, you may provide notice according to the instructions set forth below.
For the purposes of using the services provided by our website, you will select a username and password. You are responsible for the security of your password and login information, and we recommend that you not divulge your password to anyone. By providing any information to Staff Management, you agree to take responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of your username and password.
It is each user’s responsibility to keep his or her information accurate, up-to-date and current at all times. If your information is not accurate, up-to-date and current, we may not be able to process your requests for information or contacts or provide Service to you effectively. To update or correct your personal information or other profile information, you may log into your account on the website and follow the instructions.
6. Your choices
In its sole discretion or when required by law, Staff Management may give you choices about how personal information or analytics information is Disclosed. These choices include the following options with respect to certain communications:
- Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to your local Staff Management branch or representative or texting “Help” to 27697. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- We acknowledge that you have the right to access your personal information. In some circumstances, we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to our client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
- We may provide you with information about special or new features of our website, services, products or offers from us which we think may be of interest to you; if you would rather not receive this information, please send an email to your local Staff Management branch or representative or text “Help” to 27697;
- We may provide you with information regarding third party products, services or offers which we think may be of interest to you; if you would rather not receive this information, please send an email to your local Staff Management branch or representative or text “Help” to 27697; and
- We may provide your information to third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you, so that they may contact you directly with information and offers about their products or services. If you do not wish us to disclose your information in this way, please send an email to your local Staff Management branch or representative or text “Help” to 27697.
You may sign-up to receive emails from us on some of our websites. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you, by sending an email to your local Staff Management branch or representative or by texting “Help” to 27697.
You may opt out of certain other communications that we provide by following the instructing for opting out in those communications.
We use “cookies”, clear gifs, log file information, and other tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to obtain certain information when your browser or mobile device accesses our website. For example, when you log in to our website to apply for an employment opportunity, a session cookie is created while you are on the website. This enables you to apply for multiple positions without having to log back into the system each time. If you do not wish to receive any Tracking Technologies, you should examine your browser settings and instructions, though we make no promise that they will be effective. This may mean you will not be able to take full advantage of the services provided on our website.
We use Tracking Technologies to do a variety of things, including (without limitation) to: understand what web pages you have viewed, what links you click, the searches you conduct on the website and how frequently specific pages are visited.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the website or our services. Similarly, you may be able to adjust settings on your mobile device to limit the personal information it stores, and these adjustments may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the website or our services.
Your selection of a “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on the Tracking Technologies or the automatic collection of analytics information. This may be for a number of reasons. For example, not all tracking technologies can be controlled by browsers; unique aspects of your browser might be recognizable even if you disable a Tracking Technology; not all settings will necessarily last or be effective; even if a setting is effective for one purpose data still may be collected for another; and even if one website observes a “Do Not Track” signal, that website usually will not be able to control other websites.
8. Information protection considerations
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. The internet and mobile phones are not secure media and no system can be considered 100% secure. We do not guarantee personal information or analytics information is protected and we accept no liability for loss or exposure of user information in the event of a breach. In the event a security breach should occur, we will endeavor to remedy the problem. By registering for our services or by using the website, you hereby affirmatively consent to receiving our notification regarding any breach or compromise, or suspected breach or compromise, of the security of your personal information, by email, telephone whether through voice or text messages, posting on our website, or postal mail, as we deem appropriate, and as required by law.
It is your responsibility to keep your username, password and other account access information in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
9. Retention and deletion
Staff Management reserves the right: to keep personal information and analytics information:
- for as long as it provides Services to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements; and
- to dispose of it at Staff Management’s discretion without notice, subject to applicable law.
10. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
TrueBlue, Inc. participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Staff Management is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
Staff Management is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Staff Management complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Staff Management is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Staff Management may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Staff Management has further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employee data that it processes in its role as a service provider.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
11. Notice to California residents – your California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our website who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure, during the past year, of personal information for marketing purposes. To make such a request, write us at TrueBlue, Inc., 1015 A Street, Tacoma, Washington 98402.
Our Services are only intended for use by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18. If we become aware or suspect that you are under the age of 18, any information you submit will be subject to our reasonable efforts to destroy such information, except as necessary for verifying your age or as required by law. No information should be submitted to Staff Management by underage persons.
13. Changes in policy
14. Contact us
Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions regarding this Policy. You may contact us at:
860 W. Evergreen Ave.
Chicago, IL 60642
Attn: Legal Department
Last Updated: SEPTEMBER 29, 2016